There was a pandemonium in China when a tourist was reported to have fainted after accidentally breaking a jade bracelet worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000).
She visited a jade market in Ruili City, south western China’s Yunnan province yesterday when she accidentally dropped a bracelet while trying it on.
Unfortunately for the woman, the jade bracelet snapped in half.
Following the smash, the shop’s owner told her that the bracelet was worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000).
According to reports, she was reportedly so shocked that she passed out and had to be placed on the ground by family members in order to recover.
Witnesses, the family offered the seller 70,000 yuan (£8,000) in damages however he refused saying that was not enough for them to break even.
The bracelet was valued by an independent expert to cost around 180,000 yuan (£20,700). The family agreed to pay the owner this sum of money.