Yes! Now you can get really personal on your Instagram social media, with the Close friend feature introduced by the application.
You can handpick people from your followers who will view your stories by using this feature, and it will be hidden room your other followers and the public. Awesome right!
Instagram is helping you achieve your privacy need as the social media world keeps expanding every second. For someone that has the mom or dad, or that nosy aunt or a stalker on your list, you can successfully keep your activities awa from him/her.
Here’s all you have to do;
Make sure your app is the most recent version,
- Go to your Profile page by tapping the profile icon in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen.
- Tap the three lines icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap Close Friends and then tap Add next to the names of people who you want to add to your Close Friends list. You can also tap Search to search for a friend.
- Once you’ve finished adding people to your list, tap Done.
You can easily add more or remove from this list using similar process.
And just like regular Instagram Stories posts, your story will be available to view for only 24 hours for your Close Friends list.
Here’s how to share a story to your close friends:
- Tap the camera icon on the top left corner.
- Choose an image or video you intend to share.
- Once you do that, you will see two icons at the down left side of your screen with “your story” and “close friends” text underneath.
- Tap close friends and voila done
Once you’ve posted an Instagram story to your Close Friends list, your profile image will appear with a green circle around it, both on your Profile page (which only you can see) and in your Close Friends’ feed.
The green circle helps it stand out from the other pink circles that usually highlight an account has live Instagram Stories posts you haven’t seen yet. Others that are not on your list can’t see it.
By Mariam Haruna