British boxer, Joshua, confirms Oct. for heavyweight bout against Bulgaria’s Pulev

http://myfwdlife.com/?p=linguistics-personal-statement-help By Newsdesk

click here British boxer, Anthony Joshua, has confirmed that he would defend his International Boxing Federation (IBF) and World Boxing Association (WBA) heavyweight world titles against Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev on 28 October.

nursing school entrance essays The bout which would take place at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium comes six months after Joshua stopped Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in April, to add the WBA title to the IBF belt he claimed in 2016.

http://apt-online.ch/?dissertation-proposal-educational-leadership “I have been eager to get back in the ring since Wembley. I’ll be locked away focusing on fight number 20 for the next eight weeks. I am excited to experience the atmosphere in a sold out Principality Stadium and aim to give the fans a spectacular night.” Joshua said.

http://kilanigroup.net/?p=research-paper-statement-of-the-problem Klitschko delivered the only defeat of Pulev’s 26-fight career in 2015 but the Bulgarian has since won five fights in a row, taking him to a position as the IBF’s mandatory challenger.

http://www.il-bandito.com/affordable-ghostwriting-services/ “Anthony is a formidable opponent. We will not hug and hold, we will not run; we will stand and fight. His style fits mine perfectly and in boxing, styles make fights.

http://pghgrp.com/does-music-help-you-with-homework/ does music help you with homework

Online Dissertation Writing “My preparation will be very intense and I will be perfectly ready when I enter the ring so that he will have no chance to beat me.” Pulev said.

http://advisorsgroup.pl/?p=daniel-kaefer-dissertation Boxing promoter, Eddy Hearn, said that Joshua’s aim is to face Pulev before meeting Cuban Luis Ortiz, the mandatory challenger for his WBA title – stressing that Joshua does not want to vacate either of his belts and would rather defend them before hopefully facing WBC title holder Deontay Wilder of the United States in the summer of 2018.

link Joshua added that October 28 can’t come soon enough because he has been eager to get back in the ring since Wembley and now that its confirmed.

blank “I’ll be locked away focusing on fight number 20 for the next eight weeks. I am excited to experience the atmosphere in a sold out Principality Stadium and aim to give the fans a spectacular night.”

Mayweather defeats McGregor, announces final retirement

enter By Newsdesk

here After over nine rounds, United State boxer, Floyd Mayweather, has defeated his Irish opponent, Conor McGregor, at the bout described the show of all time, even as he announced the bout will be his last fight.

http://csharpbuddy.com/phd-thesis-on-computer-networking/ phd thesis on computer networking Though the bout was delayed for 45 minutes due to technical hitches but after commencement at about 5.14 am, it stretched to 10 rounds with each contenders displaying their skills. But was decided on Technical Knockout (TKO).

McGregor, a Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), had control of the first three rounds, doing most of the footwork, with his more experienced opponent Mayweather being overly cautious.

He took control in the 4th round as McGregor appeared to have run himself out. And subsequent rounds, his strength nose dived.

In round eight McGregor already looked like a man whose energy had been sapped out of him, and his punches did not cause even a flinch of pain from Mayweather, who appeared to be toying with his opponent at that moment.

The bout was ended in 10th round after referee Robert Byrd dives in to save McGregor from any more punishment from Mayweather; increasing the US boxer’s win to 50-0

Byrd took the decision after a straight right from Mayweather sends McGregor spiraling backwards around the ring. And he was unable to fire anything back at his opponent.

Reacting over his win, Mayweather  disclosed that his prediction and game plan worked out because he had expected his opponent to come aggressive as they fights in UFC.

He said: “He is a tough competitor and we gave them (fans) what they wanted to see – I owed them for the Manny Pacquiao fight.

“He (McGregor) was a lot better than I thought, he was a tough competitor, but I was the better man tonight. Our game plan was to take our time, let him shoot his heavy shots and take him out at the end.

“In the MMA he fights 25 minutes really hard and after 25 minutes he starts to slow down. I guaranteed everybody this would not go the difference. Boxing’s reputation was on the line.”

On his record of 50-0, beating Rocky Marciano’s record of 49-0, Mayweathe added: “Rocky Marciano is a legend and I look forward to going into the hall of fame one day.

“This was my last fight tonight, ladies and gentleman for sure. I chose the right dance partner to dance partner. Conor McGregor you are a hell of a champion,”

British boxer, Joshua, open to fight MMA opponent

By Newsdesk

The reigning World Boxing Association (WBO) and International Boxing Federation (IBA) heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, has hinted that he could fight a mixed martial arts (MMA) opponent as long as there was a no submissions rule.

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) lightweight champion, Conor McGregor, takes on undefeated American boxer, Floyd Mayweather, in a boxing match in Las Vegas on 26 August.

Joshua, who WBA has ordered to defend his title against Cuba’s Luis Ortiz said he like fighting and woud do whatever but probably get beaten.

“The only thing that they can’t do is submissions but they can kick, elbow, bite – whatever they want. I can’t beat a guy [via submission].

“That takes a lot of time to learn the skills and submissions, which I don’t have the time for, but when it comes to pure aggression and fighting rules, I can definitely fight, so I don’t mind that. It wouldn’t be a problem.” Joshua added.

The Briton has yet to finalise a date and venue for a fight with mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev, who he must face before 2 December or risk being stripped of his IBF belt.

He has also be given them 30 days from 3 August to agree the fight with Ortiz.

“I’ve been away with the family and need to get back to reality. Sitting on the beach getting my toes rubbed, that’s not the life of an athlete.

“I’ve got to get back to the gutter, keep organised, keep disciplined. I’ve done my holidays and need to get back to the military mindset I live.” the Nigeria born boxer said.

World Boxing body orders British boxer, Joshua, to defender title

By Newsdesk

Barely 24 hours after Former champion,Wladimir Klitschko, announced his retirement, the World Boxing Association (WBA) has ordered current world heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, to defend his title against Cuba’s Luis Ortiz.

The 27-year-old Briton, who also holds the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and International Boxing Organisation (IBO) titles, had been due to face Klitschko in a rematch of their April bout that Joshua won via an 11th round knockout but the Ukrainian confirmed his retirement yesterday.

“Both parties (Joshua and Ortiz) were duly notified that, as of August 3rd, they have 30 days to reach an agreement or the fight will be called to purse bids,” the WBA said in a statement on Friday.

Joshua, undefeated in 19 bouts, has also been told he must face IBF mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev, of Bulgaria before December 2 or risk being stripped of that belt.

The 38-year-old Ortiz is also unbeaten, recording 23 knockouts in 27 career wins, and is a former WBA interim world champion.

Klitschko, who made 23 world title defenses during his glittering career, has backed the Briton to lead the next generation of heavyweight fighters.

The 41-year-old posted on twitter that he is at peace as he pass the torch to Joshua, the next generation and wish him good luck.

 

Former heavyweight world champion, Klitschko, announces retirement

By Newsdesk

Former heavyweight world champion, Wladimir Klitschko, has announced his retirement from boxing on Thursday, ruling out a rematch with Britain’s Anthony Joshua.

The 41-year-old Ukrainian was knocked out in the 11th round by current champion Joshua at Wembley Stadium in April.

Joshua, had hoped Klitschko would sign his rematch clause for a proposed fight in Las Vegas on 11 November but Klitschko announced the decision of his retirement on his website.

“I have achieved everything I dreamed of, and now I want to start my second career after sports,” Klitschko said.

The two-time former champion, who held the unified title from 2006-2015 before losing to Joshua’s fellow Briton Tyson Fury, ends his career with a record of 64 wins and five defeats.

Klitschko added that: “I would have never imagined that I would have such a long and incredibly successful boxing career.”

Joshua must now face mandatory challenger, Kubrat Pulev before December 2 or risk being stripped of his IBF belt, the 36-year-old Bulgarian has a record of 25 wins and one defeat, which came to Klitschko in 2014.

Klitschko won Olympic super-heavyweight gold at the 1996 Games in Atlanta, before turning professional later that year.

He built an unbeaten 24-0 record before losing to American Ross Puritty in 1998 in his only fight to take place in his native Ukraine.

After claiming the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) belt with victory over American Chris Byrd in 2000, Klitschko was upset by South Africa’s Corrie Sanders and American Lamon Brewster in 2003 and 2004 respectively.

He then went 11 years unbeaten, until losing the World Boxing Association (WBA), International Boxing Federation (IBF) and WBO titles to Fury in November 2015.

The Germany-based fighter announced his retirement on a video posted on his website, with so many people trying to access it that the server crashed.

“Twenty-seven years ago I started my journey in sport. It was the best choice of a profession I could have made. Because of this choice I have travelled the world, learned new languages, created business, built intellectual properties, helped people in need.” he said.

Klitschko’s bout with 2012 Olympic gold medallist Joshua was the most lucrative fight in British boxing history – the fighters were reported to have shared prize money of £30m – and was only the third time a fight had been televised by two American networks.

It turned out to be a memorable occasion in front of a post-war record 90,000 fans, as Joshua knocked down Klitschko in the fifth round before he was then dropped himself in the sixth – the first time in the Briton’s career.

Boxing promoter, Eddie Hearn, had said the rematch could take place in Cardiff’s Principality Stadium, but Las Vegas became a frontrunner in recent weeks until Klitschko’s retirement.

Hearn said he was informed of Klitschko’s decision by the Ukrainian’s manager Bernd Boente on Thursday morning.

“We wish him all the success,” Hearn said on social media.

Ugandan wins gold medal at African Boxing Championship

By NewsDesk

An Ugandan Welterweight boxer, Muzamir ‘King Kong’ Kakande, has won his final fight, claiming the last gold medal at the International Boxing Association (AIBA) African Boxing Championships in Congo Brazzaville.

Aside that his victory ended his country’s 13 years chase for a gold medal at the event, it further increased the number of  medal won at the tournament to a gold and two silver.

Kakande, who is Ugandan national champion, beat Mauritian Merven Clair on points and is one of three Ugandan boxers who booked their place in the World Boxing Championships due in Hamburg in August.

Kakande’s gold was the first for Uganda since 2004, when Light-fly Jolly Katongole won the African 2004 Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

Super heavyweight and Bantamweight boxers, David ‘The Dragon’ Ayiti and Geoffrey Kakeeto, settled for silver medals respectively after they lost their final fights.

Kakeeto fell to another Mauritian, Jordy Vadamootoo, on points in the 56kg category.

At the last edition, five of eight Ugandans reached the semis, with four qualifying for the World Championship in Doha, Qatar and Uganda managed 5 bronze medals.

McDonald’s ends Olympics sponsorship deal three years early

By Newsdesk

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) disclosed on Friday that American fast-food company, McDonald’s, has ended its 41-year-long Olympic Games sponsorship deal three years early.

McDonald’s, an Olympic sponsor since 1976 and part of the IOC’s top sponsors program that contributes more than $1 billion in every four-year cycle for the Games, had a contract running through the 2020 Tokyo summer Olympics.

While it is unusual for an Olympic sponsor to leave early, sponsors change regularly within the IOC’s top program with the most recent addition was China’s Alibaba Group Holding, which signed a deal in January for a partnership through 2028.

“In today’s rapidly evolving business landscape, we understand that McDonald’s is looking to focus on different business priorities,” managing director of IOC Television and Marketing Services, Timmo Lumme, said in a statement.

McDonald’s has been tightening costs as it invests in improving its food quality, restaurant service and online ordering to woo back diners in the United States, where intense competition has gnawed away at sales.

McDonald’s Global Chief Marketing Officer, Silvia Lagnado,  said part of the company’s global growth plan is about reconsidering all aspects of its business, adding that company made this decision in cooperation with the IOC to focus on different priorities.

The company, first involved with the Games in 1968, was its food retail sponsor. Despite pulling out with immediate effect, McDonald’s would continue at next year’s Pyeongchang winter Olympics as sponsors with domestic marketing rights.

The IOC said it was not planning a direct replacement for McDonald’s.

The IOC has faced criticism from public health campaigners for allowing sponsors such as Coca-Cola and McDonald’s to use the Games as an opportunity to market their products, which are perceived to be unhealthy, in contrast to what the event seeks to promote.

British boxer, Brook, to undergo eye surgery

By Newsdesk

British former welterweight world titleholder, Kell Brook, on Wednesday disclosed that he would have surgery to repair his broken left orbital bone on June 16 in the wake of the loss of his belt to Errol Spence Jr.

Fighting at home in Sheffield, England, before a wild crowd of 27,000 at Bramall Lane Football Ground, Brook suffered the broken orbital bone and lost his world title in an 11th-round knockout loss to Spence on May 27.

Spence fractured Brook’s orbital bone in the seventh round, but Brook continued to fight. He was knocked down in the 10th round, and when the injury became too severe, Brook took a knee and was counted out in the 11th round of a fight in which he was behind on all three scorecards.

“That’s all I’m saying for now. I’m having a rest for a while.” Brook said.

It is the second fight in a row in which the 31-year-old Brook (36-2, 25 KOs) has suffered the same injury. He suffered a broken orbital bone around his right eye that needed surgery following a fifth-round knockout loss to unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in September in London. Brook, who had no luck finding a marquee welterweight opponent, had moved up two weight classes to challenge Golovkin.

“I got caught on the left eye in the seventh, and it felt really bad,” Brook said after the Spence fight. “It was the one the worst feelings I ever had — kind of like when GGG hit me and fractured my orbital bone. It was devastating. I just couldn’t see.

“It was a competitive fight. He got some rounds. I won some rounds too. I felt I was winning, but my eye didn’t allow me to continue. I just couldn’t see. You can’t fight if you can’t see. I got put down, and I got up because I’m a warrior. I got up and kept on fighting, but in the 11th, I just couldn’t see. I had to take the knee.”

Kell Brook against Errol Spence

After recovering from the surgery following the loss to Golovkin, Brook surprised many by returning to welterweight, where he has had problems making weight, to face Spence, who was his mandatory challenger.

Spence (22-0, 19 KOs), a 27-year-old southpaw from DeSoto, Texas, could make his first title defense in September to headline a Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox from his home region of Dallas.

“Hopefully I can have a homecoming in Dallas, maybe in September sometime. I’ve got to talk to my manager [Al Haymon].”  Spence told reporters at a recent lunch in New York.

“Fighting at home in front of my fans, family and friends, that’s a dream come true, especially me having the title and bringing it back to Dallas, which hasn’t happened in a long time. That would mean a lot to me. That would be a dream of mine too. Hopefully I can make that happen.”

World Boxing Association suspends two judges over alleged bias, orders fight rematch

By Newsdesk

The World Boxing Association (WBA) has suspended two judges and ordered a rematch of a middleweight title fight between France boxer, Hassan N’Dam and Japan’s Ryota Murata after the bout ended with a controversial split decision last weekend.

N’Dam took the vacant title in Tokyo despite being knocked out by the 31-year-old Japanese and suffering heavy punishment for the majority of the fight.

The World Boxing governing body president, Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, confirmed that two judges, Panama’s Gustavo Padilla and Canadian Hubert Earle, have been suspended for six months over their scoring of the fight.

“My scoring, as well as the scoring of five judges and the supervisor of the fight, were different from that of Padilla and Earle,” Mendoza told a news conference yesterday.

“I had to address this case personally, and so I did it on Saturday night. However, we had to announce our decision on the judges after a closer evaluation.”

Two judges saw an N’Dam victory with 116-111 and 115-112. The third had Murata up 117-110 — the same score as Mendoza.

“First of all let me apologize to Murata, Teiken Promotions and all Japanese boxing fans. I feel angry and frustrated for not being able to serve the sport with the right decisions. I will demand the championship committee to order a direct rematch.” Mendoza added.

The defeat was 2012 London Olympics gold medallist Murata’s first as a professional after 12 straight victories, while N’Dam improved his record to 36-2.

Former heavyweight boxer, Edvander Hollyfield, visits Ambode, donates $3m health facilities

By Newsdesk

Former undisputed World Boxing heavyweight champion, Edvander Holyfield, on Wednesday visited Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, donating $3 million worth of healthcare facilities to the state.

Holyfied, who announced the donation during the courtesy, said that the gesture was part of his strategy of giving back to the society.

He noted that the giving back to the society will help the children who have interest in sports to actualise their dream as he was able to do.

While narrating how his mother aided his boxing career, Holyfield said his mother often advise him to hold on to what he knows doing best and never quit even when the tide isn’t good.

“I held on to those words and they assisted me in becoming world heavyweight champion today. I believe that the kids should be inspired just like my mother inspired me to hold on tenaciously to those things I am good at.” the four-time heavyweight champion said.