Speculation emerging from the public domain as well as within the entertainment industry have held that Reggae and dancehall singer, Burna Boy, born Damini Ogulu, cancelled his much talked about concert over the threat that street singer, Olamide Adedeji, better known as Olamide, concert might overshadow his show because the date coincide together.
Formally, both artistes were to have their concert on this forth coming Sunday until Burna Boy announced cancellation of his show on the premise that he has to clear his name because of the robbery allegation leveled against him.
While Burna Boy is to have his ‘’unleashed, unrestricted, untamed’’ concert at the Balmoral Conventional Centre, Lagos, Olamide is set to have his ‘’Olamide Live in Lagos’’ on the same day at the, Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos. But, sources, claimed Burna Boy decided to postpone his concert because he,knew that, Olamide’s concert, which is supported by the Lagos State Government is going to pull more crowd, than his concert.
However, Burna Boy concert management in a statement says that the singer decided to cancel his concert because of the robbery allegation leveled against him by fellow musician, Mr.2kay.
The singer had been accused by Burna Boy of sponsoring the robbery attack on him at the Eko Hotel and Suites after performing at the ‘’Buckwyld N Breathless’’ concert in October.
According to the statement made by Burna Boy’s management, it says the singer is working hard to clear his name from the robbery allegation that was levelled against him
‘’Bavent Street Live, promoters of The Burna Boy Concert Show, scheduled for the 17th Dec. 2017 at the Balmoral Convention centre wish to inform all fans and lovers of Nigeria’s top-most afro-fusion artist, Burna Boy, and our corporate partners and sponsors of a shift in the date of the above scheduled concert.
This is solely due to the recent allegations levelled against Burna Boy, which are as of now, unfounded and are yet to be proven. Burna Boy and his management are working assiduously within the ambits and requirements of the law to clear his name in these investigations.’’
The management of the show further said “He therefore needs time to come back and promises an incredible performance for his fans. For now, he needs the time and space to deal with these allegations, which have arisen at such a crucial and sensitive time when he’s working on his album and his concert.
We ask that we respect the time he needs during this challenging period.
The new date for The Burna Boy Show will be communicated in the near future, (all tickets purchased will remain valid, however you have the option to receive your full refund from the ticketing partners immediately).
We thank all Burna Boy fans, our great partners and sponsors for your continued love, trust and support.