Rilwan Balogun

UN writes North Korea over military violations

click here By Balogun Alabi and News Agency report

http://innovative-emotors.com/i-need-help-writing-an-essay-about-myself/ I Need Help Writing An Essay About Myself The United Nations (UN) has written to the North Korean Army notifying it of the violation of armistice agreement between North and South Korea after its soldiers fired across the line that divides the two countries in pursuit of a defector last week.

go here It was learnt that a soldier was running across the border when North Korean soldiers shot at him and South Korean troops later crawling to rescue him.

http://devco6ix.com/?q=awk-variable-assignment In a bid to confirm the report, The UN Command in South Korea played the dramatic security footage of NK soldier’s brazen defection across the heavily fortified demilitarized zone (DMZ) at a news conference on Wednesday.

enter site According to The US Forces, Korea public affairs director, Caroll, while watching the video which showed North Korean soldiers firing across the border and another crossing the military demarcation line (MDL), said the act of crossing the line is another violation of armistice that pause the Korean War in 1953.

http://www.falydelaferiaalrocio.com/amcas-mdphd-research-essay/ Caroll who revealed that a peace treaty formally ending the war has never been signed, added that the UN Command had notified the North Korean People’s Army of the violations via regular communication channels and requested a meeting to discuss.

source link The discussion will include results of the UN investigation into the incident as well as measures to prevent future such violations.

Custom college essay “The armistice agreement was challenged, but it remains in place,” K. Brooks, the American who leads the UN Command said.

US extends condolence to Adamawa bomb victims families

http://megabytesol.com/?q=should-i-do-my-homework-quiz By Balogun Alabi

http://www.regobuy.com/graduate-admission-essays-help-donald-asher/ graduate admission essays help donald asher The United States Of America has extended its condolences to the families of victims that were involved in a suicide attack which killed at least 50 people and left several others injured at a mosque in Mubi, Adamawa on Tuesday.

see It said that victims that were targeted and killed in a place of worship demonstrates yet again the brutal nature of the terrorists whose sole aim is to threaten the peace and security of Nigerian citizens.

http://vaygaptrongngay.com/phd-dissertation-thesis-statement/ The US Department, in a statement by its spokesperson, Heather Nauert, described the blast as a terrorist attack which must be condemned by all.

“Such ruthless attacks on innocent civilians only serve to strengthen our resolve towards meeting these threats in cooperation with our Nigerian and regional partners.”

However, President Muhammadu Buhari had commiserated with families of the victims, government and people of the state, through a statement issued by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity.

Army recovers 10 human skulls, arms, arrests 7

By Balogun Alabi

The Nigerian Army has arrested seven suspected militants, including two females in a militant camp where arms and human skulls were recovered in Rivers State.

It was learnt that the suspects were arrested after the military received a tip-off on Monday.

Following tip-off, the troops however raided the militant’s camp and shrines in Omoko, Ogba-Egbama-Ndoni Local Government Area of the State.

The camp was beaing controlled by an alleged notorious militant, cultist, kidnapper and ardent oil thief popularly known as Don Wanny.

In the process of raiding, the military engaged in a gun duel with the suspected militants, but they were able to overpower the suspects due to superior fire power.

Speaking during a press briefing recently, Aminu Iliyasu, Spokesman, 6 Division, Port-Harcourt, disclosed that some militants and their fleeing leader, Wanny, kidnapped and killed several innocent citizens in that state.

Iliyasu hinted that some of the alleged criminals, who sustained gunshot wounds escaped by jumping into Orashi River in the area.

“However, seven of the suspects including two ladies were arrested, while they attempted to escape in the encounter that occurred at about 2:35 a.m. on Monday.

“It is believed that the main culprit, Don Wanny was not at the location during the encounter but concerted efforts are on to track, arrest and bring him to justice,” he said.

The spokesperson who explained further that the raid was part of renewed strategy by the division to restore law and order in Omoku which was been terrorised by criminals for long, added that some items were recovered from the raid.

“Two AK 47 rifles, one General Purpose Machine Gun, 18 AK 47 magazines, three FN rifle magazines, 39 7.62mm Nato ammunition and 20 9mm ammunition.

“Others were 7.62 mm ammunition, five Icom and Mag hand-held radios, two 25kg bags of cannabis, nine pairs of military camouflage, 10 human skulls and several bones,” he disclosed.

Iliyasu however thanked residents of the area for cooperating with security agencies and urged them to continue to provide timely information that would lead to arrest of criminals in the state and its environs.

Man rapes 9yrs-old girl lure with N10 lollipop sweet

my johari window essay By Balogun Alabi

A 30-year-old suspected rappist, Mohammed Abubakar, a commercial motorcyclist has admitted to rapping a nine-year-old primary four pupil and luring her with a lollipop sweet.

Narrating how it started, the suspect said that the girl would ask him for lollipop sweets whenever he parks his motorcycle outside her school to buy sweet.

Capitalizing on the girl’s avariciousness, he said that he would give her sweet, lure her to an uncompleted building and rape her.

“I am a married man and we have a 3-month-old baby; I have not been sleeping with my wife because she just gave birth recently and that tempted me into doing the act with the girl.

“I only had sex with the girl once; I am sorry,” he said.

The victim narrating her side of the story revealed that the motorcyclist usually lures her to an uncompleted building close to the school during break time.

“He would give me sweet and promise to give me N6, 000 if I did not tell anyone about the act.

“Atimes he touches my buttocks and put his finger inside my private part,” she said.

Also, the victim’s teacher, Hajiya Saratu Salihu, who reported the matter, explained that she started suspecting the victim following her frequent absence from class.

According to her, the victim always disappears from school during break periods and will not return to school.

Prior to this, she said that she monitored the girl’s movement until she caught her outside the school premises with the suspect on November 20.

“When she entered the school, I and another teacher took her to the bathroom and checked her private part; we realised the girl had been deflowered.

“We questioned her and even had to beat her before she told us that an “okada’’ rider had been molesting her secretly.

“We then started monitoring the suspect until he was caught in the act while trying to lure the victim,” the teacher narrated.

Reacting to the incident, The Director General of the agency, Mairam Kolo,lamented that most of the abuses meted out to children were committed during schools’ break times.

She disclosed that the agency has embarked on sensitisation campaign to let parents know the dangers involved in allowing children go out alone without monitoring.

Kolo who hinted that the agency would meet with the state’s Ministry of Education to emphasis the need for students not to leave school premises alone during break and closing period added that the suspect would be transferred to the State Criminal Department for further investigations while the victim receives medical treatments.

EFCC trains NSE staffs on anti-graft strategies

By Balogun Alabi

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has disclosed that it has commenced a five-day training for officers of the Nigerian stock exchange, to boost anti-graft war in the country.

As learnt, the training themed “Basic Investigation Training” was part of capacity building, collaboration, exchange of knowledge and skills between the two agencies in compliance with an existing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), signed by the two bodies in 2013.

While speaking at the EFCC academy in Karu Abuja, the training coordinator, S.U. Sanusi, said that the training was designed to cover aspects of operations of both agencies

The coordinator said that the aspect of operations would be in line with Acting EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu’s determination towards enhancing the competence of investigating officers with aim of achieving foolproof investigations that would stand the test of prosecution in the Law court.

“The two agencies through this relationship rely on each other to conduct investigations of financial crimes especially on areas such as capital market fraud, insider abuse, securities/investment fraud amongst others” he said.

He stressed further that the training borders around investigative approach of the EFCC, intelligence gathering, cybercrime, digital and document forensics, money laundering, asset tracing/network analysis, corruption studies, inter-agency co-operation, overview of the Laws enforced by the EFCC amongst others.

“We at EFCC have enjoyed similar trainings from the NSE in areas of Capital market operations” he noted.

Court dissolves marriage over wife’s poor cooking habit

By Balogun Alabi

A Nyanya Customary Court, sitting in Abuja, on Tuesday, dissolved a 22-year-old marriage between a driver, Garba Pakachi and his wife, Martha who cooks only once a week.

The presiding judge, Jemilu Jega, said that the court had done everything within its powers to resolve the issues between both parties, but all efforts failed.

Jega granted the request of Pakachi based on a divorce suit, ruling that the union was irretrievable.

“The irreconcilable differences between the two parties showed that they are no longer compatible; therefore, the marriage is hereby dissolved,’’ the judge said.

Earlier, Garba, had told the court that Martha cooked for her family only once a week.

He submitted that Martha could not spend time with the family but gave all attention to her business.

Responding to his allegation, Martha denied and said she was no longer interested in the marriage.

The judge however gave the custody of three of four children of the marriage to their father and granted their mother, Martha, the custody of the last child, aged six years.

He ordered the man to pay N20, 000 monthly for upkeep of the child and directed that Garba should take responsibility for education and healthcare of the child.

“Because he is the biological father of the child, he must provide N20, 000 for the upkeep of the child,” he said.

Burnaboy debunks involvement in allege robbery, attack

http://www.townandcountryinteriors.com/how-to-write-a-bakery-business-plan/ how to write a bakery business plan By Balogun Alabi

Spaceship Entertainment, the management of Damini Ogulu popularly called Burna Boy, has officially stated that Burna Boy was not in involved in the robbery attack against fellow singer, Mr2kay, as alleged by four arrested suspected armed robbers recently.

They said that the invitation by police came in the early hours on Tuesday morning.

In a statement issued by the management, they clarified that the singer was never arrested or declared wanted as stated by online media including newspapers.

“Burna boy was invited to the Lagos State Police command, an invitation which he has since honured,” the management stated.

It would be recalled that, on Monday, The Lagos State Police commissioner, Edgal Imohimi, had announced that Burna Boy should make himself available for questioning to the police in connection with an alleged robbery attack of fellow singer, Mr2kay, at Eko Hotel recently.

Kaduna Commissioner for Education, Andrew Nok, dies at 55

By Balogun Alabi

The Kaduna State Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Andrew Nok, aged 55, has died at his home on Tuesday in that state.

It was learnt that the deceased was first rushed to hospital two weeks ago before his death, but returned last week after his health improved.

According to one of his family members, Jack Zock, he said that as at Monday, the late commissioner had been treating files at home.

“Even yesterday he worked on some files at home and was hoping to go the office today, before he met his death” Zock said.

However, The Governor of the state, Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State, executive council and some other members paid a condolence visit to the family of the deceased where they were situated in Narayi.

Given a brief history of the commissioner, he was born on Februaury 11, 1962 in Nok  Villiage, Jaba Local Government Area Kaduna State

He attended the LEA Primary School in Kaduna before he proceeded to Government Secondary School, Kafanchan, where he obtained the West African School Certificate in 1979 and held masters/doctorate degrees in biochemistry from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

Nok was appointed Commissioner for Health and Human Services by El-Rufai on July 29, 2015, before he was redeployed to Ministry of Education, Science Technology on May 4, 2016.

Until his appointment, Nok was of the Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.

Nok was a fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Science, Alexander Von Homboldt Foundation and Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.

Beyonce emerges as World’s highest paid female singer

By Balogun Alabi

Giselle Knowles-Carter an American singer, popularly called Beyonce has emerged as the world’s highest paid female singer of 2017 after edging out Britain’s Adele and pop star Taylor Swift.

As learnt, Beyonce’s hit album “Lemonade” and world tour, made her the highest-paid woman in music.

The R&B singer earned about $105 million from record sales and “Formation” concert tour.

Forbes an American business magazine confirmed the report and assented that she also has her own Ivy Park fashion line and other business interests.

Analysing the list of highest paid woman singer, the magazine explained that “Adele who completed her first major tour since 2011, whose “25” album broke first-week U.S. sales records in 2015 made second place with an estimated $69 million, despite having no major endorsements for other products.

“Swift, who topped the last year’s list with $170 million in estimated earnings, raked in $44 million this time despite having finished her “1989” world tour.

“The singer is expected to see her earnings rise significantly in the next 12 months courtesy of her new album “Reputation” – the best-selling album of 2017 – and an upcoming tour.

“Canadian superstar Celine Dion took the 4th spot, earning about 42 million dollars after taking a break from her Las Vegas residency following the death of her husband Rene Angelil in January 2016,” it revealed.

However, authenticating its compilation Forbes hinted that it estimated pretax income for 12 months from June 2016 to 2017, based on interviews with managers, agents, lawyers and some of the stars.

It also looked at data from Recording Industry Association of America.

Police arrests wife of ex PDP chairman’s son over alleged murder

By Balogun Alabi

The Nigerian Police Force has disclosed that it has arrested Maryam Sanda, for allegedly stabbing her husband, Haliru Bello, son to a former People’s Democratic Party (PDP), to death.

It was gathered that, Mariam allegedly attacked her husband based on allegations of infidelity after seeing a text message on his phone.

She was alleged to have stabbed the deceased, thrice in the back and several times on his manhood.

Unfortunately after stabbing him, she drove him to the hospital for treatment but he did not survive the attack.

Confirming the arrest on Tuesday, The FCT Police Command, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Anjuri Manzah, disclosed that the suspected killer was arrested on Sunday night.

He said that the suspect would be charged to court after investigations which was being handled by its homicide department, have been concluded.

“Haliru Bello’s death was not natural, as he was allegedly killed in his Maitama home in Abuja by his wife, Maryam Sanda.

“Maryam is the daughter of Maimuna Aliyu, former Aso Saving Bank executive.

“We are investigating the matter,” he said.

Though, the deceased had been buried according to Islamic rites in Abuja, after prayers at the National Mosque.